Welcome to Terra Centre PTA
2016-17 Terra Centre PTA
Welcome All New and Returning Terra Centre Families
We are looking forward to a great year working together towards our goal of building strong family-school partnerships fostering our students success. Stop by and visit us at the PTA table during Open House on Thursday, Sept. 1. There you will be able to join the PTA for 2016-17, sign up to volunteer, order your 2016-17 TC Spirit Wear, and make your school year contribution to our Tax Deductible Direct Donation fundraiser.
Your 2016-17 Terra Centre PTA
Why Join our Terra Centre Parent Teachers Association (TCPTA)?
The number one reason to join the Terra Centre PTA (TCPTA) is to benefit your child. We are a partnership of parents and educators striving to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of our students. The PTA provides a forum for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions about what is happening in their school. Research studies show that when parents get involved, children do better in school. Click here for 10 more reasons to join.
What does the TCPTA do?
We help shape the community environment within our school through events and programs that bring us together and help our students be their very best. Did you know that without the PTA there would be no afterschool enrichment or fitness programs? The funds we raise, through the support of our families, go directly to support in-school and after-school programs and resources that would otherwise not be available to our students. By being a member of and attending PTA meetings you provide a voice as to how these funds are spent within our school. Below is a short list of what our TCPTA does.
- Sponsors all afterschool programs
- Sponsors in-school programs
- Hosts and organizes family fun events
- Provides the AtoZ electronic student directory
- Provides a Website, Weekly Newsletter, and Facebook Page, to keep you up-to-date on school programs and events, community events, and information pertaining to FCPS schools
- Supports parents and teachers by providing our students extended resources
- Raises funds to make this all possible
Where do the funds go?
Last year we provided $30,000 in Student Resources and Programs
Here are just a few of those items:
- Dream Box Math Program
- 6 New iPads with Cases and a Portable Charging Box
- Discovery Garden: Wash Table, Critter House, Soil, Fertilizer, Seeds, Plants, Tools, and more…
- Brain Pops
- A Tinker Wall in STEAM lab
- Ozo Bots, Maker Bots, Cublets, Marble Mazes
- Art Display Frames (and the cool new iPads for stop animation projects)
- Music: 4 new xylophones, Turbano Drum Set, Boomwhackers, Sleighbells, Mallets, and more…
- Field Trip Buses
- Reading AtoZ
We are currently working to update our website please check back soon for dates and more information.
Please join us Tuesday, September 20 at 6pm in the TC Cafeteria for our first 2016/17 PTA membership meeting and find out some of the many events and programs we will have at Terra Centre this year.
2016-17 School Year
100% Tax Deductible Donation Drive
Back By Popular Demand
This donation directly supports the many academic, social, and cultural programs at Terra Centre. The PTA pledges that if we reach our goal of $20,000 by November 30, 2016, this will be the only major fundraiser of the year. Otherwise, programs the PTA supports will be cut – such as field trip buses - or the costs will simply be passed onto the families.
A recommended amount of $50 per child
(only $5 per month)
Click here for more information on donating
or donate now by clicking below
Come join TC Tiger and other TC families for a fun night out with friends.
More information and a flyer coming soon.
Featured Donors and Sponsors
No front page content has been created yet.